- June 28, 2017
- Posted by: blog admin
- Category: Business plans
Keywords are the backbone of digital marketing from referencing to paid marketing. It is very important to optimize keywords in content, meta tags, and URL. Learn how to search for keywords for SEO through this step-by-step keyword research guide, including useful tips and more…..
How to search for keywords for SEO?
SEO Keyword Research is one of the deciding factors in search engines. It can make or break the marketing efforts of a website. There should be targeted visitors to the site and this can only be by a good selection of the keyword. Follow the steps outlined in this keyword search guide.
Step 1 – Choose the right keywords for SEO
Choosing the right keywords for SEO is a very important step in this keyword search guide. So find your target keywords by following the SEO keyword tips below and learn how to search for keywords for SEO.
Tips for searching for keywords to choose the right keywords for SEO
- Ask the following questions:
Is the keyword relevant?
Will the keyword be able to respond to the query requested by the researchers?
Will it be able to meet organizational objectives?
- Do a search and check if the ranking or ads on the website are at the top of the organic search results for the assumed keywords. As this shows the popularity or value of the supposed keywords.
- You can check the search terms provided by webmasters or Google Analytics for your site.
- The use of long-tail keywords (query of keywords containing more than 3 words) is an important strategy in SEO keyword research tips
- Competition should be less because there is no point in targeting keywords already targeted by highly competent websites.
- You can also check the difficulty of the keyword and take the classic keywords.
- Understand your audience and your opportunities
- Semantic research: it must be based on the intention of a researcher.
Three tips on choosing keywords based on intent
- Key Words: Think of these keywords and synonyms that customers can type to search for your product/service.
- Auto-suggest keywords.
- Related Keywords.
- Commercial Intent: Ready to buy keywords like Nike red shoes.
- Information Intention: keywords providing information about your products and services.
- Long-tailed Keywords: Long-tailed keywords are better for conversion. The reasons for choosing it are
- They are specific.
- Convert better into the later stages of the purchase cycle.
- 70% The searches come from long-tail keywords.
- People type what they need exactly that contain more than 3-4 words and Google target that.
Also, think from the customer’s point of view
- What are the biggest obstacles
Ii. What kind of information is valuable to them
Iii. Demographics and location factor
Iv. Type of people interested in
- What kind of related information will they look for
Vi. Check the answers of Yahoo and Quora to find out what people are talking about keywords.
In addition, plan the right keyword strategy using the tips above to choose the appropriate keywords for SEO.
Step 2 – Building List
Create topics on the above points as well as topics on which the website is focused. Discussion topics are keywords and related keywords. Use tools such as the Google keyword planner, easy Seo tools, user suggest and more tools to create the keyword list.
Step 3 – Check the volume and difficulty of the search
This is an important step in learning how to search for keywords for SEO. Add keywords in the keyword planner by MOZ, Google, Webconfs or SEMrush to check medium volume searches and the competition or difficulty of keywords. Choose the keywords that have a medium volume of search and a low or medium competition or less difficulty. Select keywords based on relevance.
Step 4 – Check relevance and authority
For relevance and authority, type the keyword in Google and check the authority of the page, domain authority and Google trends, social actions. Take BAS and Means keywords to rank quickly. Step 5 – Finalize keywords
After learning how to search for keywords for SEO, add keywords to the excel file and check the current rankings for them. Monitor monthly keyword rankings to optimize and improve rankings.
So, follow these steps and tips mentioned in this keyword research guide to increase organic rankings in search engines.
The best keyword research tools
- Google Adwords keyword planner tool.
- Keyword Explorer from Moz.
- Google trends to check the latest trends
- Long Tail Pro for long-tailed keywords
- Ubersuggest to generate a list
- Easyseotools to generate a list
- Buzzsumo for the control of social actions.
- Quora to check queries
- Yahoo responds to check queries
- KW Finder
Use the aforementioned tools for different purposes in this keyword search guide.
Key facts about optimizing keywords
Use: Make your main keyword part of the crawl by placing it correctly on the content.
Domination: The search engine determines the relevance of a particular keyword mapped to the content.
Filling: It’s time to use a targeted keyword everywhere and easily get into the rank. Now, search engines check relevance and penalize the use of keywords more than 2-3% of your content. Follow the SEO keyword research tips below to increase the organic ranking and traffic on the site.
Optimizing keywords on the page
- Use the keywords in the activities of the page as follows:
- In the title Tag Once
- Once near the top of the page.
- 2-3% in the body of the Content.
- Once in the alt attribute of the image.
- Once in the URL.
- Once in a meta-description tag.
Important tip – Do not use the main keyword in the anchor text that points to the other page of your site called “cannibalizing keywords”.
- Meta Tags: Title, Description and Target Keywords are called meta-tags.
Title: This is a blue line when searching in the search bar of the search engine. Follow these steps to optimize –
- It should be 65 to 70 characters.
- Place important keywords forward.
- It should have a legible and emotional impact as this is the first impression for your readers. Check out the title optimization tips for more details.
Description: This is a short description of 2-3 lines below the title. This should be effective enough to attract the reader’s attention and he/she clicks on the title.
Keywords: once there was a time when the keyword is taken into account. But now it has some value because people usually put a lot of keywords say 500 and difficult for the search engine to take it into an account. So now just 2-3 keywords in case it is explored by a search engine.
- Guidelines for building URLs
- Add the main keyword of your content in URL.Keep URL and short and simple.
- Keep the URL short and simple.
3, use only the target keyword once.
- Use static URLs.
- Use hyphens to separate them.
Canonicalization occurs when there are 2 different URLs for the same content. It is seen mainly in the content management system. You should have seen that some URLs are open from http: // domain name and HTTP: //www.domain name too, so difficult for the search engine to stand out and lower rank. It can be redirected using 301 or add the canonical tag to prioritize the main URL.
So hopefully this step-by-step keyword research guide will help you learn how to search for keywords for SEO.